Seeing clearly for the first time can be a life-changing experience for a child. But for many kids, finding the right pair of glasses isn’t always easy. Kids’ glasses come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and it can be tough to find a pair that fits their face and personality.
But the benefits of glasses are priceless. Glasses can help kids see the blackboard at school, read books and play sports. Kids who wear glasses often feel more confident and do better in school. And for kids with certain medical conditions, glasses can be a lifesaver.
Let our team help your child see the world around them. Schedule an appointment with our optometrists at Youth Dental & Vision. Call (303) 953-8801 or email [email protected].
Picking the Right Glasses
Picking the right eyeglasses for your child might seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! You can find the perfect pair of glasses for your child’s individual style and needs by keeping a few things in mind.
There are many types and styles of kids’ glasses to choose from. You can find fun, stylish, or more traditional and subdued glasses. Eyeglasses can be made from different materials, including plastic, metal, and wood. You can also find glasses with special features, such as anti-glare or transition lenses.
Here are a few tips for picking out the right kids’ glasses:
- Consider your child’s age. Kids grow quickly, so it’s important to find a pair of glasses that will be comfortable for your child to wear as they grow.
- Choose the correct frame size. Kids’ glasses should be proportional to your child’s face. Look for frames that are not too big or too small.
- Choose the proper bridge fit. The bridge of the glasses should fit comfortably on your child’s nose.
- Choose the right temple length. The temples of the glasses should be long enough to fit behind your child’s ears without being too loose or too tight.
- Adjustable nose pads. Nose pads that can be adjusted will help ensure a comfortable and secure fit as your child grows.
- Consider your child’s activities. If you have an active child, look for durable frames that will stay in place while they play. Spring hinges are a good option for active kids.
- Pick a style that your child will love. Kids glasses come in a variety of fun and trendy styles. Let your child pick a pair they will be excited to wear!
Corrective Lenses for Kids Glasses
The type of corrective lens your child needs will be determined by the severity of their refractive error.
- Kids with mild refractive errors may only need single-vision prescription lenses. These lenses have a uniform power throughout the lens and can correct either nearsighted or farsightedness.
- Kids with more severe refractive errors may need multifocal lenses. These lenses have two or more powers in the lens and can correct for both nearsightedness and farsightedness simultaneously.
- Kids with astigmatism may need toric lenses. These lenses have different powers in different parts of the lens and can correct astigmatism.
Your child’s eye doctor will also consider their age, lifestyle, and activities when prescribing corrective lenses. Kids who play sports or are active may benefit from wearing contact lenses instead of glasses. Contact lenses provide better peripheral vision and don’t fog up or fall off like glasses can.
Color Blind Glasses for Kids
There are many different types of color blindness, and its severity can vary from person to person. Some people with color blindness can see colors, but they might not be able to tell the difference between certain colors. Other people with color blindness might not be able to see any colors at all.
There is no cure for color blindness, but there are ways to help people with color blindness see colors. One way is to wear color blind glasses. Color blind glasses work by filtering out specific colors of light, allowing people with color blindness to see colors that they wouldn’t be able to see without the glasses. If your child has been diagnosed with color blindness, talk to their eye doctor about whether or not color blind glasses would be a good option for them.
How Do I Get My Child To Wear Glasses?
Some children can be self-conscious about wearing glasses and may need a little extra convincing. If your child is reluctant to wear their new glasses, there are some things you can do to help them adjust. Here are a few tips for getting your child to wear their glasses:
- Encourage your child to pick out their glasses. Allowing them to have a say in the style and color of their glasses will make them more likely to want to wear them.
- Explain why they need to wear glasses. Kids are more likely to want to wear their glasses if they understand why they need them. Reassure them that lots of other kids wear glasses too.
- Make it fun! There are many different types of kids’ glasses to choose from. Help your child find a pair that they will be excited to wear.
- Be patient. It may take some time for your child to get used to wearing their glasses. Give them time to adjust and be sure to praise them when they do wear them.
Dilli Dalli Pediatric Eyewear
Dilli Dalli is a leader in kids’ eyewear, offering a wide selection of stylish and affordable kids’ glasses. All the glasses are designed with kids in mind and are available in a variety of fun colors and styles. This parent-trusted pediatric eyewear collection is unsurpassed in comfort and durability and gives you peace of mind and style at low costs, so you don’t have to break the bank. We are happy to offer you a wide selection of Dilli Dalli frames.
All Dilli Dalli glasses feature:
- No small parts or dangerous edges
- IntelliFlex™ Multi-Action Hinge for nearly unbreakable glasses for kids
- Bright, fun colors to pick from
Come in today and pick the perfect pair of Dilli Dalli glasses for your child!
Does Medicaid Cover My Kids’ Glasses?
Yes, if your child is covered by Medicaid, their glasses should be covered as well. Your child’s glasses are covered under Medicaid regardless of whether they need single vision, multifocal, or toric lenses. However, there may be limits on the type of frames covered.
If you have questions about what is covered under your child’s Medicaid plan, contact your insurance provider.
Your Child’s Vision Is Our Priority
Kids’ eyeglasses are a great way to ensure your child has clear vision, and they can also be a trendy and stylish accessory. With so many different styles and colors available, there is sure to be a pair of glasses that your child will love. Be sure to have your child’s eyes checked regularly to ensure that their prescription is up-to-date. Let our team help your child see the world around them. Schedule an appointment with our optometrists at Youth Dental & Vision. Call (303) 953-8801 or email [email protected]. We offer vision appointments at our two locations in Denver: Grove St and Hampden Ave, as well as in Aurora and Thornton. Your eyes are our #1 priority!