Do you want straighter-looking teeth? You’re not alone. In fact, 33% of Americans avoid smiling because of dental insecurity. Getting a beautiful smile with straight teeth is possible, but many adults and children don’t like the bulky look of traditional braces.
If this sounds like you, Invisalign (clear aligners) might be the solution! Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten crooked teeth. Unlike braces, Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, meaning you can straighten your teeth without all the metal and wires.
If you are looking for Invisalign in Denver, Colorado, or searching for Invisalign in Thornton, we can help. Call (303) 953-8801 to book an appointment or complete the online booking form. If you are searching for invisalign near me, contact the experts at Youth Dental and Vision.
The Benefits of Invisalign®
There are many benefits associated with Invisalign treatment, which is why it’s a popular choice among patients.
- Invisalign is much more comfortable to wear than conventional braces because there are no metal wires or brackets rubbing against your gums.
- Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating and drinking, so you can enjoy all your favorite foods and not worry about hard or sticky food getting stuck in your braces.
- Because Invisalign is nearly invisible, most people won’t even know you’re wearing them.
- The average treatment time is often faster than traditional braces. Most patients achieve their desired results within 6 to 18 months.
- Invisalign is also more convenient than braces because you don’t have to go in for as many appointments. With Invisalign, you simply switch out your aligners every two weeks and visit your orthodontist for occasional check-ups.
The Drawbacks of Invisalign®
Invisalign is not for everyone. You should be aware of a few drawbacks before making a decision.
- You must wear your aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day for the treatment to be effective, so it’s essential to be disciplined about wearing them.
- You must clean them regularly to avoid staining and eliminate harmful bacteria that can lead to tooth decay.
- Invisalign is more expensive than traditional braces, with the average treatment costing around $5,000.
- Invisalign aligners can break, so it’s important to be careful with them.
- It’s easy to lose aligners because you have to take them out to eat. Keep them in a safe place when not wearing them.
The Invisalign Process
If you’re considering Invisalign, the first step is to schedule a consultation. During the initial consultation, your orthodontist or dentist will assess your oral health, including your teeth and bite, to see if it is a good option for you. They will also take 3D images and impressions of your teeth, which will be used to create your custom treatment plan.
Once your treatment plan is created, you’ll receive your plastic aligners. You’ll need to wear these aligners for at least 20-22 hours per day, only removing them to eat and drink. You’ll switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks to help move your teeth closer to their proper position. You’ll need to visit your orthodontist or dentist every four to six weeks so they can check on your progress. (Note: Forgetting to put them in can create significant delays in your treatment.)
After your treatment is complete, you’ll need to wear a retainer to keep your teeth in their new position. You will need to wear your retainer as directed by your orthodontist, typically for a few hours a day or overnight.
Is Invisalign® Good for Teens and Kids?
Yes, Invisalign is a good treatment option for teens and kids! Invisalign can correct bite problems in both baby teeth and permanent teeth. While it is a great option for kids, it’s important to note that not all children are candidates for clear aligner treatment. In general, it is best suited for children who can be responsible for taking care of their aligners. Younger children may have problems wearing their aligners as directed, which could prolong treatment.
Your dentist can assess your child’s teeth and bite to determine if Invisalign is right for them. Invisalign can treat a wide range of orthodontic issues in children, such as:
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
Are Clear Aligners Painful?
No, Invisalign is not painful! Many patients find it to be much more comfortable than traditional braces. If you experience any discomfort when wearing Invisalign, it is usually only temporary and will go away within 2-3 days. Eating soft foods during this time can be helpful for your sensitive teeth.
You may experience minor discomfort when you begin your aligner treatment or when switching to a new set. This is normal and should not last long. If you are experiencing persisting pain, be sure to contact your dentist, and they will be able to make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
Invisalign Express is a new tooth alignment treatment designed to treat mild orthodontic issues in a shorter amount of time. Express aligners are for patients who need straightening before a cosmetic procedure like veneers or bonding. Invisalign Express can usually be completed within six months, which is much faster than traditional treatment. Because it uses fewer aligners, Express is also more affordable.
Some criteria a patient must meet for Invisalign Express are:
- Mild tooth crowding or spacing (2mm)
- Minimal rotation of cuspids
- Less than 1.5mm of expansion in the dental arch
- No serious malocclusion (bite problems)
Invisalign Denver In Colorado
You deserve a smile you can be proud of, and Invisalign can help get you there. If you are looking for Invisalign in Denver Colorado or searching for Invisalign in Thornton, we can help.
Visit us in Denver at Denver Youth Dental and Vision and Hampden Youth Dental and Orthodontics. We also serve the Thornton and Aurora population. Visit us at Aurora Youth Dental and Vision and Thornton Youth Dentistry. We can discuss the many benefits Invisalign has to offer. We aim to help you make the best decision for your child’s smile. To schedule an appointment, call (303) 953-8801 or complete the online booking form. We look forward to helping you on your Invisalign smile journey!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Clean Invisalign Trays?
To clean your Invisalign aligners, brush them with a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste. You can also rinse them with cold water, but avoid hot water, which can warp the aligners.
What Can Invisalign Not Fix?
Invisalign can not fix every orthodontic issue. It is best for mild to moderate crowding or spacing. If you have more serious issues, such as a severe overbite or underbite, Invisalign® may not be your best option.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
The length of treatment varies from patient to patient, but it takes about 12 months on average.
Does Medicaid Cover Invisalign?
Coverage for braces depends on a per-case basis. We can help you determine what is covered for your child and set up financing options.